American Sound and Electronics, Inc. was founded by Lou Toerner in 1946 in his Covington home basement after returning from WWII. Starting with little more than the basics - microphones, speakers, amplifiers and wire, Mr. Toerner and his employees have made American Sound and Electronics, Inc. the versatile innovative business it is today.
The business relocated from the Toerner home in 1950 to 675 West Third Street in Covington, consequently expanding the building in 1960 to accommodate ten service trucks and office space for a growing staff.
In 1986, Jack Toerner became the president of American Sound and Electronics, Inc. when he purchased the company from his father, Lou Toerner. To accommodate growth, construction was completed in 1988 on a new 24,000 square foot office/service center at our current location, 1800 Russell Street in Covington. From 1993 to 1995, Jack Toerner served as the president of the National Sound Contractors Association (NSCA) further enhancing American Sound and Electronics, Inc. prestige in the industry.
Today, American Sound and Electronics, Inc. is continually adding new technologies to their stock and trade. The company now offers a comprehensive array of media and communications equipment. Jack Toerner has committed American Sound and Electronics, Inc. to perpetually embracing future technologies and innovations to better serve the customer.