American Sound & Electronics serves many industries, including offices and corporate spaces that need professional conference rooms to handle clear communication among team members or clients at remote locations.
Today, our team answers several FAQs regarding conference room technology and equipment.
What equipment do you need for effective conference room technology?
A conference room requires several technological components to work together, including:
- Speakers or sound bar
- Video screen
- Wireless capability
- Interactive whiteboard
Different software requires various hardware. What works for Skype or Zoom may not work for Microsoft Teams or Google Meet. A professional sound installer can help you identify the right conference room equipment you need for your setup.
How do I set up conference room technology and equipment?
Size and budget are two main considerations for how you set up your conference room.
- Start with the video display. Smaller rooms with fewer people may not need a huge 86-inch screen.
- Choose a compatible video camera. Most video cameras attach to the back of the video display, meaning you look at the screen while people appear to look back at you. This setup increases engagement with your remote teams.
- Next, look for appropriate speakers. You may only want one small speaker installed by the display because that is where everyone focuses their visual attention. Portable speakers may be convenient if you’re going to pass them from person to person. Larger rooms may need bigger or multiple speakers.
- Microphones offer several varying levels of sensitivity. While people can use laptops or portable mics, it may be more convenient to have a single microphone that can pick up everyone’s vocalizations in the room.
A professional audio-visual company can help you set up the conference room technology and train your staff to use it.
How big should a meeting room video display be?
The size of your video display depends on how far away the farthest viewer is from the screen.
- 65” screen is ideal for people 15 to 16 feet away from the monitor
- 75” screen for people 17 to 19 feet away
- 86” for 20 to 22 feet away
- A video wall or multiple displays for anything larger than 22 feet of distance
Because these large screens require expert installation without damaging your nice office wall, we highly recommend professionals to mount the display to the wall. Our staff can center the monitor against the wall to optimize it for the size of the room.
What kind of table do I need for my conference room?
Your table must blend practicality with comfort. Purchase a conference table with outlets and charging ports for mobile devices and laptops.
The following room sizes and tables are a great rules to follow:
16 x 12 room size with an 8’ table to seat six to eight people
18 x 12 room with a 10’ table for eight to 10 people
20 x 12 room gets a 12’ table to seat 10 to 12 people
The room size and number of people determine how big of a video display you require.
Who should install my conference room technology and equipment?
Professional installation is the best way to go for conference room technology and equipment for excellent results and a cohesive appearance. American Sound & Electronics can help! Contact us for more information or call (859) 261-9024.